Many people suffer from bad breath no matter how much they try to get rid of it. It can be embarrassing when you try to socialize and it’s hard to find the factor or cause of the issue. That is why our team is here to give you five known causes of bad breath. This will help you identify what may be the cause of your bad breath, so you can seek treatment.
Here are five common causes to having bad breath:
1. Dry Mouth: Having a dry mouth occurs when your saliva decreases. Saliva helps clear away bacteria and food particles. When there is a lack of salvia in your mouth, food particles and bacteria stay in your mouth longer.
2. Smoking and tobacco: Tobacco is not only bad for your oral health, but your overall health as well. Tobacco irritates gum tissue and adds to bad breath. Tobacco also irritates your gums and increases your risk to gum disease.
3. Food: What you eat affects your breath as well. For example, garlic and onions can give you bad breath.
4. Gum Disease: Gum disease causes bad breath or a bad taste in your mouth which is caused by too much plaque on your teeth. This will cause bacteria to go into your gums and give you bad breath.
5. Medical conditions: There are some diseases that relate to having bad breath. Some of these include diabetes, sinus infections, lung infections and even kidney or liver problems.
Any one of these causes can give you bad breath that is hard to get rid of. However, the good news is you can always talk to your dentist. Your dentist can help you identify the cause of your bad breath and find treatment. Don’t suffer from bad breath, especially when there is always help to give you a clean smile. So, call us today and schedule an appointment. Let us give you a fresh smile you can be proud of this holiday season.