Daily upkeep of your dentures is the key to a safe and healthy mouth. Your oral health must not be neglected because dentures will not take care of themselves. The more effort you put into keeping your dentures clean, the longer your smile can last. Don’t shirk your denture dailies:
– Be sure to brush and rinse your dentures daily, but not with toothpaste. Clean them with products including hand soap, denture cleaning solution, mild dishwashing liquids, or products with the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Be extremely delicate when handling dentures, as they can be easily damaged.
– Remove your dentures every night to allow your gums a chance to rest.
– Always avoid using the following products on dentures: teeth whiteners, bleach, hot water, and abrasive cleaning materials.
– Never let your dentures dry out. Always soak them in plain water, or a proper cleaning solution when not in use.
– Always brush the inner parts of your mouth before inserting dentures. Also rinse the dentures in water before inserting, in order to remove any harmful chemicals that may be present from your cleaning solution.
– Be sure to schedule regular checkups with your dentist, and consult them if your dentures become damaged.
Never forget to maintain proper oral health care with your dentures. For more information, or to schedule a checkup with Dr. Joseph Younger at Arden Dental Group, you can call us at 828-684-9260 to speak with a member of our staff. You can also visit our office in Arden, North Carolina. Your smile is our business!